These are great for breakfast or for mid-morning snacks.They keep for ages so I make a batch on Sunday and have them throughout the week. Try serving with full fat bio yohurt and berries – yum!
- 2 cups/440g of ground almonds
- 1 cup/220g of dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup/60g-110g of groundnut oil or coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of no-sugar Almond Butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Splash of Goats Milk (or full fat cows milk)
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 C and prepare a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases
- Mix the ground almonds, coconut, peanut butter, baking soda and oil together until the peanut butter is evenly distributed.
- Add the beaten eggs gradually and mix to a thick paste.
- Add a splash of soya milk to thin the mix slightly, but note it won’t drop off the spoon like a normal cup-cake mix made with wheat flour. I sometimes add cinnamon or nutmeg to add flavour.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of the mix into each paper case then cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven or until golden brown on top.