This is a great evening meal for all the family. 10 minutes prep time and then just chuck it in the oven while you get other things done. A perfect winter warmer
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4-6 Pork chops
- Two tins of chopped tomatoes
- Fresh thyme
- 10 mushrooms
- Half a medium leek
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Tsp paprika
- Fry pork chops in a pan and season with paprika, cook until golden.
- Stand up pork chops in a large oven dish with fat at the top.
- Re-use pan to fry leeks. When soft add chopped mushrooms.
- Poor in tomatoes and add thyme, vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce to the boil and pour over pork chops.
- Place in pre-heated oven (180 degrees). Cook for 30 minutes. (cook longer if pork chops are thick).
- Serve with steamed veg (Broccoli or cabbage work well)
To check if Pork is done slice next to the bone, if pink cook longer.