Make your breakfast in advance and just heat for 1 minute in the morning with these awesome breakfast muffins!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 oz (30g) cheddar cheese Grated
- 1.5oz (45g) ham – any – chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp potato flour or coconut flour
- 1/2 medium pepper finely chopped
- 1 courgette grated
- 1 onion chopped
- Mustard powder – pinch
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. Using the olive oil & a brush grease silicon cup cake cases (or tin)
3. Mix the remainder of the oil with the egg yolks (reserve whites
separately), add the courgette, onion, chopped ham and pepper.
4. Sprinkle flour, baking powder, mustard, black pepper and grated
cheese over the mix and mix well in
5. Whisk the egg whites until they are starting to be fluffy and form peaks.
6. Pour the egg white mix over the main mixture and gently fold in
7. Spoon mix into cup cake tin/ cases and cook in oven.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until muffins are risen and golden in
colour. Leave to cool before carefully removing (this is when using a
silicon mould is most beneficial)
9. Serve hot or cold on their own or with a salad. Enjoy!